Our clients include developers, property owners, lending institutions, architects, contractors, educational and cultural institutions, large retailers, and others who need the services of experienced land use practitioners with an insider's knowledge of the agencies they practice before. Our success is based on meeting the needs of our clients with first-rate work in a timely and cost-effective manner.
We practice regularly before the New York City Planning Commission, Board of Standards and Appeals, Department of Buildings, Landmarks Preservation Commission, and Environmental Control Board. Our attorneys have working relationships with these local government agencies and their staff, which help developers, property owners, and licensees gain the approvals needed to accomplish their objectives.
We have experience in the following matters:
- Transfers of development rights, including preparation and review of Declarations, Zoning Lot Development Agreements, and related zoning documents.
- Variance and special permit applications at the Board of Standards and Appeals, including variances to allow residential uses in manufacturing districts.
- Rezoning and special permit applications at the City Planning Commission, including zoning map amendments to allow expansion of commercial uses and the development of new residential buildings.
- Requests to obtain favorable zoning and code determinations from the Department of Buildings.
- Appeals to the Board of Standards and Appeals from zoning and code determinations of the Department of Buildings.
- Master plans approval by the Landmarks Preservation Commission for outdoor advertising signs in historic districts.
- Due diligence and analysis of development potential, including zoning analysis memoranda and opinion letters.
- Establishing a vested right to complete construction after a rezoning.
- Licensing Agreements for the protection of adjacent properties during development.
- Easements and restrictive declarations.
- Applications for Master Electrician licenses, Master Fire Suppression Contractor licenses and Master Plumbers licenses at the Department of Buildings.